Beyond

" 'The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, flutering back to earth.' " -The Awakening

8.01.2011

rape

in my birthday suit from the night before
yet to realize someone wanting more.
i step into the kitchen, ready to eat
a man, some stranger is ready to meet.
the door slams open
he rushes in.
should i run? should i scream?
i don’t know where to begin.
before i know it, i’m pinned to the ground.
i feel too worthless, to hope to be found.
he’s gone, and i stay
he ate me away
i find no reason to lock the door
why should i? i’m a certified whore.
how could this happen?
i felt so safe.
but now i sit here,
soul and hymen agape.
let me rot, let me drown.
anyone who survives this
should have no desire to be around.


**side note: i have never been raped. this just came to me during one of my early morning rustlings.

No comments:

Post a Comment