Beyond

" 'The bird that would soar above the level plain of tradition and prejudice must have strong wings. It is a sad spectacle to see the weaklings bruised, exhausted, flutering back to earth.' " -The Awakening

12.30.2010

Because it's Not My Hair

i thought deeply on and off
for several days
about why i seem to care less about myself.

i think it's because i haven't found myself, yet.
a conscious struggle, i suppose.

it doesn't help when your hair is done up
in a way you absolutely HATE.

i feel like my hair does not belong to me.
it belongs to my mother.
so why give it tender loving care,
when i can't do what i please with it?
that doesn't make any sense, now does it?

i guess from there,
the hatred for my hair flows like poison
through my veins
and then i just don't feel like myself. period.
it'd bad enough that i don't know who i am to begin with.
but add the fact that i KNOW i HATE 
the way my hair is slicked back
with layers of gel.
*shivers*
i feel like someone else can take care of this body.
because it's certainly not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment